LESVOS BIRDING is the essential resource for birders visiting the island. Use the links left and right to search the site inc. info on Lesvos Birding Holidays & Tours and A Birdwatching Guide to Lesvos.

Wednesday 15 April 2009

Spring 2009 daily updates

As last year I will provide daily updates of what is seen across the island.

I know last year many staying on the island, and more so those due to come out, found these updates both interesting and very useful.

My own daily updates from the island will commence on 24th Apr, but if you're on the island from this week, then I really do need your records! I aim to have the website updated between 11-12pm each evening.

Last year quite a lot of folk contributed to these updates. If you're on the island then you can provide your own records of more interesting sightings as follows -

HOTEL PASIPHAE BIRD LOG - anyone can call into the hotel to read/record their sightings in the hotel bird log on the main reception desk. Please inc. your name and email address or mobile number on at least one of your entries in order for me to contact you if I need to.

There will also be a print out of previous days Lesvos Birding summary by the log.

I (and many other birders) should be around the bar/reception area most evenings from around 10-10.30pm to c.11.30pm for a drink and chat. Failing that I can usually be found at either Dionysos or Ambrosia tavernas in Skala Kallonis between 8-10pm.

SMS/TEXT - text me your daily summary on +44 (0) 7 767 787 287. Please inc. your name at the end of the message. Species, numbers, location is really all that is needed. Times for really rare species (e.g. time of a flyover rare raptor helps to track birds across the island) might be useful (please no calls as this just costs me a fortune!).

EMAIL - you can email me your sightings to steve(at)toadsnatcher(dot)com. I'll be updating late evening, so anything arriving in my inbox by 10pm local time will be used.

What info should you include?
Records of all the scarcer and rare species (see checklist), movements of any raptor species, large falls of commoner species are all wanted. Updates on breeding activity of Kruper's Nuthatch is also helpful.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Back to homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment